TESLA IS A "DEATH CAR"
TESLA IS A "DEATH CAR"
Father of Tesla driver: 'Had she been in another vehicle she would have been alive'
Casey Speckman's father, Jon Speckman, speaks exclusively to IndyStar n his only interview since his daughter and Kevin McCarthy died when a Tesla electric vehicle crashed on the north side Nov. 3. Vic Ryckaert/IndyStar
(Photo: Provided by Jon Speckman)
There is no doubt Casey Speckman was drunk when she crashed her boss's Tesla in a fiery, explosive wreck that killed him and herself.
But her father said he has no doubt that her odds of surviving the Downtown November accident would have been much better in any other car.
“Had she been in another vehicle she would have been alive for me to yell at her for driving after drinking," Jon Speckman said in an exclusive interview with IndyStar.
Casey Speckman's blood-alcohol level tested at 0.21 percent, according to investigators and an Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department accident report released Wednesday. The legal limit in Indiana at which a driver is presumed intoxicated is 0.08 percent.
Kevin McCarthy, the passenger and owner of the Tesla, had a blood-alcohol level that tested at 0.17 percent, investigators said.
Speckman, 27, and McCarthy, 44, were killed when McCarthy's 2015 Model S crashed shortly after 1 a.m. Nov. 3 into a tree and parking garage near Illinois and 16th streets and exploded.
Jon Speckman met with IndyStar on Friday at the Downtown office of his attorney. Speckman said he wants the public to know that there was more to the deadly crash than how many drinks his daughter consumed that night.
The biggest piece of new information: Casey Speckman swerved to avoid a wrong-way driver on Illinois Street right before she lost control.
Speckman's lawyer, Patrick Elward, provided IndyStar with video from the parking lot camera at a White Castle restaurant that shows the headlights of the wrong-way driver heading south and the Tesla traveling north on Illinois Street.
The Tesla crashed just beyond the camera's view.
Alfred Finnell Jr., 81, was driving behind the Tesla and saw the crash. The vehicle sped right by him.
"It passed me like a flash," Finnell told IndyStar in a telephone interview. "It hit that curb and plowed into that tree."
Finnell stopped his vehicle near the White Castle driveway. The Tesla had spun around the tree and into the garage. Smoke was coming from underneath, Finnell said.
"Before I could get out of my truck the car exploded," Finnell said. "The parts of the car, engine and everything went up in the air. It was the most horrifying thing that I had ever seen."
Finnell drove north to get away from the falling debris. He heard a loud sound and said he stopped in a parking lot about a half-block south of 18th Street.
"I thought something had hit my truck, but it had missed my truck," Finnell said. "It was sitting out in the street. It was the wheel and axle assembly of the car."
Firefighters said the debris field stretched about 150 yards.
The luxury electric sports car is powered by a 1,200-pound battery pack made up of several thousand small lithium batteries. The force of the crash broke apart the battery pack.
Exploding lithium batteries made headlines last year. The TSA last year banned the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 from airplanes after the phones started exploding. Balancing scooters known as hoverboards were recalled last summer after the batteries caught fire.
Tesla itself was the target of a National Highway Transportation Safety Agency investigation after a series of battery fires in 2013 Model S vehicles. Tesla strengthened the battery compartments, and NHTSA closed that probe in 2014.
The agency at the time said "a defect trend has not been identified" but added that "the closing of the investigation does not constitute a finding by NHTSA that a safety-related defect does not exist and the agency reserves the right to take further action if warranted by new circumstances."
Elon Musk, Tesla's CEO, defended the car's safety in a blog post on Oct. 4, 2013, not long after a Model S caught fire on a Washington State highway when the driver ran over a large metal object that punctured the battery. The driver managed to pull over and safely exit the car.
"Had a conventional gasoline car encountered the same object on the highway, the result could have been far worse," Musk wrote. "For consumers concerned about fire risk, there should be absolutely zero doubt that it is safer to power a car with a battery than a large tank of highly flammable liquid."
In Indianapolis, rescuers were on the scene of the November crash in a few minutes. Firefighters arrived to find the car burning and small lithium batteries popping and exploding around them.
Casey Speckman, investigators said, died of crash-related injuries with the fire as a contributing factor. The fire killed McCarthy, according to police.
An earlier statement by the Marion County coroner indicated that the cause of death for both victims was blunt-force injuries caused by the crash. The manner of death was an accident.
The Tesla Model S, which starts at $68,000, has a top speed of 155 mph. Some versions are equipped with an "insane mode" that accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 3.1 seconds.
Jon Speckman doesn't claim to be an expert in crash reconstruction, but as a grieving father he questions the logic of allowing a vehicle this powerful on city streets.
"This is a vehicle that travels from 0 to 60 in 3.1 seconds. She's clearly having to swerve to miss a vehicle going the wrong way on a one-way street," Speckman said.
"If her foot should happen to hit the accelerator, it's like a rocket ship. I don't know why they have to make a car that does that."
A representative for Tesla Motors declined to comment for this story, saying the company stands by a previous statement emailed to IndyStar on Jan. 27.
“We have been deeply saddened by this accident and have been working closely with authorities to facilitate their report," Tesla said in the statement. "While it can be difficult to determine the precise speed of a vehicle in such a crash, the observed damage and debris field indicate a very high speed collision.”
The owner of the Tesla, McCarthy, was the founder and CEO of the Indianapolis company that developed Case Pacer case management software for attorneys.
Casey Speckman worked for Case Pacer as a sales representative.
Her father said she worked hard to graduate from Indiana University with high marks in 2007. She put herself through Roger Williams University School of Law in Rhode Island and graduated in 2014.
While her father has hired an attorney, Speckman said he has not made a decision on whether to sue Tesla.
The investigation is not yet complete, police said. Detectives are still working to determine how fast the Tesla was traveling when it crashed. The investigation is tricky for the detectives who are unfamiliar with the new and unique electric vehicle.
"I have full confidence that the authorities will come to the correct conclusion of what exactly happened to this vehicle," Speckman said.
Call IndyStar reporter Vic Ryckaert at (317) 444-2701. Follow him on Twitter: @vicryc.
Tesla Motors Was Created by Corruption, Political Bribery and Elitist Silicon Valley Douchebags!
Why you should NEVER buy a Tesla, or anything that Elon Musk Makes!
-- If you have an ounce of morality, then you will not want to help Musk & Tesla profit from the crony political corruption that created them. Musk exists because he bribes politicians & acts as an illegal campaign financing conduit.
-- DOT/NHTSA has covered up years of reports about an acceleration surge issue that can suddenly crash your Tesla into walls and drive it off cliffs. It is either a known hacking attack or the effect of WiFi on Tesla electronics. Either can kill you.
-- If you believe in God, or are in any way religious, Musk & Tesla are pure evil & exist because of hyper-corruption. You don’t want to contribute to their evil or be part of it in any way. You are funding evil & supporting criminal corruption by buying a Tesla or any Elon Musk owned product like Solar City, Tesla, Space X, Hyperloop, etc.!
-- If you read about the dirty deeds and cocaine dealings with the In-Q-Tel airplanes called “Cocaine 1” & “Cocaine 2”, & the corruption behind the company called In-Q-Tel & Musk’s software programmer who ran “The Silk Road” drug & murder service then you must be concerned that many In-Q-Tel people work for Musk. Why does Musk need dirty druggies & spies on his payroll unless he is running covert drug and business spying activities?
-- If you are a Democrat then know that Elon Musk cost you the Hillary Clinton campaign because of his payola schemes. If you are a Republican, know that Elon Musk is the epitome of the worst form of DNC crony corruption you ever saw!
-- Musk bribed California politicians to give him hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayer dollars & resources he never earned or worked for. He only got those crony payola perks handed to him because he operated as an illicit front for corrupt campaign financing for Dianne Feinstein, Jerry Brown, Harry Reid, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.
-- Multiple parties have filed “Demands For The Arrest of Elon Musk” with the FBI, DOJ, AG, FTC, SEC and other law enforcement agencies. It is not likely that Musk, or his companies will survive a full investigation.
– Tesla and Solyndra sit on the same land in Fremont, CA. Solyndra was raided by the FBI for corruption. Tesla SHOULD be raided by the FBI for corruption. Both companies had kick-back crony payola schemes with Senator Dianne Feinstein. She owned the land, lease, HR, construction company and supplier interests and stock for both companies in one of the most massive conflict-of-interest crony financing schemes in U.S. history. Elon Musk and the Feinsteins are corruption partners.
– People who see you in a Tesla think of you as a “Tone Deaf Douchebag”, “Tesla Tool!”, “Arrogant Prick”, “Ostentatious Obama Oaf”, “Sheep”, “Mindless Yuppie Scum”, “Misogynistic Silicon Valley Clone”, “Self-promoting Elitist Douche”, “Fake News Reading Main Stream Boob”, “Naive Idiot” or other bad things.
– Elon Musk is one of the main financiers behind Barack Obama & Hillary Clinton, both of whom have been charged with corruption. Musk endlessly tweets lies & “...No I didn’t do those bad things” BS but nobody else supports him.
– Tesla financial records are “cooked” in a fraudulent manner to make the stock market valuation of Tesla a falsely manipulated factor. Musk uses “pre-orders”, by his own investors, to fake sales and wrote emails to customers asking them to put small deposits down so he could book them as fully paid sales in one of a large number of stock and loan valuation frauds. Musk and his investors practice stock market skims, pump-and-dumps and Flash Boy manipulations.
– Lithium ion batteries are blowing up, starting fires &, generally, destroying people’s homes, cars, electronics & physical health. Boeing was ordered to stop flying the 787 Dreamliner because it's Lithium ion batteries are catching fire spontaneously. A group of silicon valley venture capitalists forced/leveraged the government to buy & pay for these specific batteries, that they have stock in, in order to benefit their profit margins. Other batteries don’t have these problems. They knew about the dangers from day one, but put greed ahead of safety. There are thousands & thousands of reports of spontaneous lithium ion fires but the VC's who back lithium ion pay to keep this information hushed up. Millions of these batteries have been recalled for fire risk. The VC's tried to push as many as they could before they got caught. Now they are caught. These VC's & the Senators they bribed own stock in lithium mining companies too.
– Tesla Motors has filed a patent which states the following , THESE ARE TESLA MOTORS WORDS warning about a crisis, the level of which they never disclosed to the consumer: “Thermal runaway is of major concern since a single incident can lead to significant property damage &, in some circumstances, bodily harm or loss of life. When a battery undergoes thermal runaway, it typically emits a large quantity of smoke, jets of flaming liquid electrolyte, & sufficient heat to lead to the combustion & destruction of materials in close proximity to the cell. If the cell undergoing thermal runaway is surrounded by one or more additional cells as is typical in a battery pack, then a single thermal runaway event can quickly lead to the thermal runaway of multiple cells which, in turn, can lead to much more extensive collateral damage. Regardless of whether a single cell or multiple cells are undergoing this phenomenon, if the initial fire is not extinguished immediately, subsequent fires may be caused that dramatically expand the degree of property damage. For example, the thermal runaway of a battery within an unattended laptop will likely result in not only the destruction of the laptop, but also at least partial destruction of its surroundings, e.g., home, office, car, laboratory, etc. If the laptop is on-board an aircraft, for example within the cargo hold or a luggage compartment, the ensuing smoke & fire may lead to an emergency landing or, under more dire conditions, a crash landing. Similarly, the thermal runaway of one or more batteries within the battery pack of a hybrid or electric vehicle may destroy not only the car, but may lead to a car wreck if the car is being driven or the destruction of its surroundings if the car is parked”. See whoiselonmusk.com for more...
– Tesla's own staff, & every fire department, have now admitted that once a lithium ion fire gets started in a Tesla, that it is impossible to extinguish burning lithium ion material. This is Telsa’s own words in THEIR patent filing, (You can look it up online) saying that the risk is monumental. Tesla has 6800 lithium ion batteries, any one of which can “go thermal”, start a chain reaction and blow up all of the rest of the 6800+ deadly batteries! Tesla drivers have been burned alive in thermal globs of flaming lithium ion, plastics & metal. Bystanders have heard their horrific screams of unutterable pain & terror as they were burned alive! Tesla fires can’t be extinguished & the bodies are burned into “unrecognizable lumps of charred flesh”, according to fireman.
– Lithium Ion batteries “go thermal” in peoples pockets, in your notebook, especially in a Tesla & Fisker car. There are tens of thousands of articles documenting this & there is a cover-up by the VC’s that fund these things to keep this fact out-of-sight. Making Lithium Ion batteries poisons the workers who make them. It is a dangerous product that is covered-up by the Obama Administration. Panasonic knows that these batteries are deadly.
– Tesla only exists to exploit Elon Musk’s briberies. The lithium ion batteries blow up when they get: wet, hot, bumped, over-charged, struck by energy fields, exposed to air or squashed. Lithium ion batteries poison the Earth & that they poison & kill the workers that make them. Lithium ion batteries come from war profiteering in Afghan & Bolivian corruption.
– Panasonic is Elon Musk’s partner. Panasonic is one of the most corrupt companies in the world. Panasonic has been charged, on multiple continents with: Product dumping, bribery, collusion, price fixing, anti-trust law violations, racketeering, worker abuse, toxic poisoning of workers, & other crimes. It is no wonder that Elon Musk & Panasonic are partners. Tata Motors executive Karl Slym was killed for exposing this fact.
– Your tax dollars were stolen in order to make Tesla Motors, as part of a political financing kick-back scam. In other words, part of your paycheck was taken away from you in order to buy hookers, rent-boys & private jets for Musk & company.
– Tesla’s are forged in criminal corruption, so anybody who drives a Tesla must be either ignorant, a weasel or one of the corrupt. The whole world now knows all of the facts in this list so you can never plead ignorance to these crimes.
– Telsa’s have a huge amount of highly documented defects. The defects are so extensive that Tesla made buyers sign confidentiality agreements to try to hide how messed up their cars are.
– Tesla’s have killed more people than the main-stream news has reported. The full Tesla death-list is covered up.
– Musk lied about why he wanted to make electric cars, when, in fact, he actually poisons the environment because Tesla investors wanted to exploit toxic minerals & materials which can't be recycled in a clean manner
– No other electric car has been so mundane, & yet had so many problems with it, since the electric car was first sold in the 1800's. There is nothing “novel” or “amazing” about the Tesla aside from dime store parlor tricks for PR hype.
– More drunks have crashed Tesla's, than any other per capita car in the world, per volume of cars made
– Elon Musk's co-founders, investors, partners, wives, investors, suppliers & employees have sued him for being a fraud &, essentially, called him an "asshole" in court records.
– Elon Musk lied on this Department of Energy funding application and the Obama Administration refuses to allow any federal employees or witnesses to testify to these facts in public due to the devastating potential results of these facts.
– More owners of Tesla's have been found to cheat on their taxes, & be involved in abuse-based divorces, than almost any other car brand owner. Tesla owners are bad people who rationalize their poor life choices.
– Elon Musk will lie, cheat & steal in order to self-aggrandize & glorify his egotistical mania. Musk has been documented engaging in over 100 lies which were later proven to be false. He has spent tens of millions of dollars to buy fake news about himself on Twitter, Facebook & Google because he is such a mentally disturbed ego-maniac.
– None of Elon Musk's companies would exist if not for taxpayer funded handouts given to him by corrupt politicians in exchange for illegal campaign finance deals with him & his investors.
– Google, & Tesla, who are financial & political partners, have both been caught spying on consumers & manipulating Internet data in order to cover-up their complicity in huge political corruption & kick-back deals
– Musk took U.S. taxpayer dollars from the government & then hired cheap off-shore labor & fired U.S. Union workers & domestic workers. He lied to & screwed the NUMMI workers that were working at the Fremont plant.
– Musk has put over 18 surveillance devices in the Tesla. Anybody can hack those devices & monitor you. WORSE YET, foreign agents have hacked the Tesla & taken over the controls & driven Tesla’s into bystanders & over cliffs.
– When Erick Strickland was head of the NHTSA he was confronted about DOT safety cover-ups of the Tesla to protect Obama. He quit 48 hours later. The DOT safety cover-ups to protect the Obama campaign finance payola scheme continue to this day. Obama’s Gibbs, Emanual, Plouffe, Axelrod and Carney quit within a week of being threatened with exposure.
– Tesla’s have had a large number of recalls but Elon Musk refuses to call them “recalls”. Tesla’s have had multiple recalls for SEVERE safety dangers. DOT has been told this, in writing, for years, but wont take action in order to protect Obama.
– Elon Musk is a bullshit artist who has no original ideas & wears black-turtle neck shirts (like Elizabeth Homes) to try to create a “cult” around himself & convince the world that he is a “Jesus-like” figure when, in fact, he is a clinical sociopath.
– Tesla is a severe public safety hazard that has been systematically covered up by corrupt politicians.
– Tesla Motors batteries were promoted by those who wished to exploit the Afghanistan War for personal profit by controlling the Afghan lithium mining fields. Kleiner Perkins and Draper Fisher hyped the “...trillions of $ of lithium in Afganistan.”
– Tesla Motors batteries blow up on their own.
– Tesla Motors batteries blow up when they get wet.
– Tesla Motors batteries fires cannot be put out by any common fire-fighting resources.
– Tesla Motors batteries set themselves on fire.
– Per MSDS documents, Tesla Motors batteries emit cancer-causing vapors when they burn.
– Tesla Motors Vehicles toxicity poison bystanders, nearby vehicular passengers, airline passengers in planes carrying said batteries in their holds, & environments where such incidents occur.
– Tesla Motors batteries blow up when bumped by the same level of car incident that would, otherwise, only dent a normal car bumper.
– In an accident, when a Tesla rolls over, molten metal & plastic can drip on & burn the occupants alive.
– Per MSDS documents, Tesla Motors batteries emit brain damaging chemicals when they burn.
– Per MSDS documents, Tesla Motors batteries emit chemicals, burning, or not, that can damage an unborn fetus.
– Per MSDS documents, Tesla Motors batteries emit chemicals that can cause lung damage.
– Per MSDS documents, Tesla Motors batteries emit chemicals that can cause liver damage.
– Per published lawsuits & news reports, the factories that make Tesla Motors batteries have been charged with the deaths, & potentially fatal illness, of over 1000 workers & the poisoning of nearby towns.
– Tesla Motors batteries become even more dangerous over time, particularly when tasked by electric transportation systems like Hover-boards & Tesla's. The chemistry in a lithium ion battery changes to become more unstable over time.
– Tesla Motors batteries were never designed to be used in automobiles. Tesla used non-automotive batteries in one of the most dangerous configurations possible.
– Tesla Motors occupants experience higher EMF radiation exposure than gasoline vehicle occupants.
– Elon Musk's Space X vehicles & Tesla Motors vehicles have both had a higher-than-average number of explosions. This has caused outside experts to doubt Musk's ability to place safety considerations over his need for hyped-up PR.
– Leaked Sandia National Labs & FAA research videos dramatically demonstrate the unstoppable, horrific, “re-percussive accelerating domino-effect” explosive fire effect of the Tesla Motors batteries.
– Tesla's own “Superchargers” & home 3-prong chargers have set Tesla's, homes & businesses on fire.
– Consumer rights groups contacted Erick Strickland, the head of the NHTSA, & charged him with a cover-up. He quit days later. The NHTSA then issued a safety investigation request to Tesla Motors, which would have more publicly exposed these dangers, but the safety investigation was never under-taken due to White House requests & lobbyist bribes, from Tesla, which got the investigation shut down.
– NEPA regulations for the Tesla NUMMI factory in California & the Nevada Tesla “Gigafactory” have been violated relative to environmental safety standards.
– Tesla Motors vehicles are not “Factory Built” “like Ford” builds cars, as Tesla professes. They are hand built in small volumes & subjected to numerous defects. Blogs have documented hundreds of defects, as listed by Tesla owners. Tesla has lost at least one LEMON CAR LAWSUIT for defective manufacturing.
– Tesla's “showrooms” are often “pop-up” retail storefronts that are in tight-proximity retail centers, putting it's neighbors at risk of total loss from fire damage.
– Tesla Motors vehicles have been hacked & taken over. Their doors, steering, listening devices & navigation have been taken over by outside parties. Multiple Tesla have suddenly swerved off the road, over cliffs & into other vehicles, killing bystanders & Tesla drivers.
– Three Tesla top engineers & two competing senior executives, all of whom had whistle-blown on Tesla, who were in perfect health one day, suddenly died mysteriously the next day.
– Multiple employees, founders, investors, marital partners, suppliers & others have sued Tesla Motors, &/or it's senior executives for fraud. Musk had nothing to do with creating Tesla. He ran a hostile take-over of Tesla from the founders.
– In addition to suing him, many of his former staff & partners have described Musk as an “Arrogant Prick”.
– If you think the above bullet-points are bad there are over a 1000 more. Find the book “Is Elon Musk A Fraud” online or visit https://stopelonfromfailingagain.com/ or thousands of other sites that expose the truth about Musk & Tesla!
NEGLIGENCE AND FRAUD CHARGES AGAINST ELON MUSK IN MULTIPLE DRIVER AND COLLATERAL DEATHS
Father of 27-year-old woman who died in horrifying fireball when her Tesla crashed into a tree says the lithium batteries are dangerous and 'if she had been in any other car she would be alive today'
- Casy Speckman, 27, was drunk-driving in November when she crashed a Tesla
- The 2015 Model S's battery exploded, killing her and boss Kevin McCarthy, 44
- Her father Jon says if she were in a conventional gas car she would have survived
- In 2013, two Model Ses set on fire after batteries were pierced by road debris
- Tesla subsequently increased the shielding on the Model S batteries
- The police investigation into the crash is still ongoing
Dead: Casey Speckman (left, with father Jon) died when she crashed a 2015 Tesla Model S into a tree in November. Its lithium batteries exploded, tearing the car apart
The father of a young bride-to-be has spoken out about his daughter's horrific death after the Tesla car she was driving crashed and burst into flames.
Casey Speckman, 27, was drunk-driving when the Model S Tesla carrying her and boss Kevin McCarthy, 44, smashed into a tree and exploded in Indianapolis on November 10.
But her father, Jon Speckman, says that she would have survived the crash if her car wasn't powered by lithium batteries - the same as those found in the exploding Galaxy Note 7 and hoverboard devces - the IndyStar reported.
'Had she been in another vehicle she would have been alive for me to yell at her for driving after drinking,' he said.
Scroll down for video
Exploded: Speckman was drunk-driving when she crashed, but her father believes she would have survived the high-speed collision if she had been driving a conventional gas-powered car
Speckman had a blood alcohol level of 0.21 per cent; McCarthy, who owned the car, had a level of 0.17 per cent. In Indiana anyone with more than 0.08 per cent is deemed intoxicated.
The 2015 Model S is powered by a 1,200-pound lithium battery array composed of several thousand smaller lithium batteries.
Ripped up: One witness said a wheel shot by his own vehicle after the explosion. An investigation into the crash is ongoing
The battery pack was split apart when the vehicle crashed, causing the fire, police said at the time.
A police investigation into the crash is still ongoing, and police are still working to figure out how fast the vehicle was moving when it hit the tree.
In the seconds after the collision, the car, which was owned by McCarthy, spewed smoke before detonating and sending debris flying into the air, witness Alfred Finnell Jr, 81, said.
He was behind the vehicle when it sped past him, crashed and exploded - a sight that he called 'the most horrifying thing I've ever seen'.
'I thought something had hit my truck, but it had missed my truck,' Finnell said. 'It was sitting out in the street. It was the wheel and axle assembly of the car.'
Lithium batteries, which are also used in laptop and cell phone batteries can explode if pierced or otherwise damaged.
In 2013, a Tesla caught fire after its battery was pierced by debris on a Washington road. The driver was able to pull over and was unharmed.
Telsa CEO Elon Musk wrote in a blog response to the news that his cars were still safer than gas-powered vehicles.
'Had a conventional gasoline car encountered the same object on the highway, the result could have been far worse,' he wrote.
'For consumers concerned about fire risk, there should be absolutely zero doubt that it is safer to power a car with a battery than a large tank of highly flammable liquid.'
However, that year saw another Tesla go up in flames after its battery pack was pierced by an object on the road. Again, the car's driver walked away unscathed.
The National Highway Transportation Safety Agency opened up an investigation, but closed it the following year without demanding a recall after Tesla increased the shielding on the batteries.
Denial: Elon Musk (pictured with a Model S) said in 2013 that the car was safe after pierced batteries led to fires. The batteries were given better shielding in later models
The body said it hadn't identified a 'defect trend'.
But it added: 'The closing of the investigation does not constitute a finding by NHTSA that a safety-related defect does not exist, and the agency reserves the right to take further action if warranted by new circumstances.'
Tesla declined to comment to the IndyStar, instead saying it stood by the statement it released at the time of Casey's death.
That statement read: 'We have been deeply saddened by this accident and have been working closely with authorities to facilitate their report.'
The company said at the time that the explosion destroyed a system that would have automatically transmitted crash data to its headquarters.
However, it speculated that the car had not been in 'Autopilot' mode, which automatically restricts a car's speed, as it appeared to have been driving much faster than the 35mph allowed on that street.
'While it can be difficult to determine the precise speed of a vehicle in such a crash, the observed damage and debris field indicate a very high speed collision,' it said.
Lithium: The cars run on several thousand lithium batteries, the same kind used in laptops and cell phones. Lithium batteries have exploded in hoverboards and Galaxy Note 7 phones
Tragic: Casey's boss Kevin McCarthy (left) was also killed in the explosion. Casey was due to marry fiance Brandon Seniff (right) this year
In his interview with the IndyStar, Speckman also said that his daughter was not entirely to blame for the crash, saying she had swerved to avoid a driver who was moving in the wrong direction down a one-way street.
His attorney obtained CCTV footage that he says shows the headlights of a vehicle driving toward Casey's car prior to the crash.
He has not yet decided whether he will sue Tesla.
Casey graduated from Indiana University in 2011, and was working as a sales representative for Case Pacer, a legal software. McCarthy was an ex-FBI agent and the company's founder.
While at the university Casey had met fiance Brandon Seniff, whom she had intended to marry this year.
In a letter on her wedding website, she wrote: 'We have experienced and supported each other through all the great times, traumatic and sad times.
We have graduated college, graduated law school, obtained first and second jobs ... living together and living apart, got a sweet puppy, bought a condominium in Indianapolis ... and did it all together!'
BANKRUPT MUSK – NO CASH FOR CRONY CORRUPTION. Print this out & freely re-post it on blogs & social media. Post this on bulletin boards. Put this on the windshield of every Tesla you find. Print this out & hand these out in front of every Tesla dealership: Nobody can stop you from handing these out, it is your U.S. Constitutional First Amendment Right! Pass the word! We are prepared to back up every single fact on here at any public meeting with the FBI, Congress, FTC, GAO, SEC or before a Federal Special Prosecutor.